Businesses are quickly realizing that transitioning their infrastructure to a cloud provides too many benefits to ignore. Using a private cloud, which is an online data storage space that is set up specifically for the use of a single company (whereas a public cloud space is shared by many different organizations or companies and is often considered less secure), will help to lower the costs of data storage as well as make the workplace more efficient overall. The following are 5 of the benefits provided by the use of a private cloud space:
- A more collaborative work environment – The use of a private cloud allows for the set up of a message board type system similar to a conversation thread one could have via a social network site. This is hugely beneficial as it helps foster a more collaborative environment by making it easier to share as well as edit documents via a group process. It also reduces the amount of emails that get shot back and forth between workers, which after a while can get incredibly difficult to keep track of – especially when over a dozen people are cc’d to each email.
- Improved project management – The private cloud makes it much easier to manage projects of any size through the use of affordable apps that help to increase collaboration, communication and sharing of documents while still being able to use project management tools such as Work BreakDown Structure and Gantt Charts.
- Allows a more personal approach to work – The use of a private cloud gives employees the chance to work using a more personal approach. For example, employees will no longer be restricted to company issued computers as they should be able to use their own computers to get onto the cloud. The cloud also has a number of secure storage apps, such as Evernote and Box, which makes it easier for employees to work where and when they can, allowing them to fit work into smaller spaces on their calendars.
- Improved metrics – Cloud metrics companies can review the site performance of a company in a matter of seconds in addition to delivering real-time awareness of the browsing and purchasing habits of customers.
- Save paper, money and time by signing forms online – Nothing wastes more time than having to print out a document, sign it, scan it back in and send it to the next person in order to repeat the process. There are a number of form-signing apps available online that include DocuSign, Echosign by Adobe Systems and SignNow that allow users to append electronic documents with comments, initials and signatures. These electronic signatures are also fully protected by international law. In addition to the fact that signing forms electronically over the cloud is much more efficient as well as convenient, it also cuts down on the need to physically store important signed documents.
These are five of the ways that using a private cloud can help to improve the convenience and efficiency of a company’s workflow.